Derek is one of the founding partners of Law Fifty One, a boutique personal injury and medical malpractice firm in Calgary, Alberta. Derek’s extensive advocacy experience includes various applications and trials before the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta, appeals before the Court of Appeal of Alberta and representation of clients in private arbitrations, mediations and before various administrative boards and tribunals.
A born and raised Calgarian, Derek was a licensed physiotherapist before he made the decision to embark upon his legal career. Today, Derek uses the knowledge and experience that he gained in the medical field to fight for and protect the rights of those who have been injured due to the negligence or carelessness of others.
When he is away from the office, Derek enjoys hockey, golf and spending time with his wife and kids.
- University of Calgary, LL.B
- Queen’s University, B.Sc. PT, Honours
- Canadian Bar Association
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Volunteer instructor – Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education
- Volunteer judge – University of Calgary Blackstone Debate