When we rely on medications and prescriptions, we do so to control or better our current state of health. Prescription medicines are widely used by households in Canada and are the second most costly component of our health care system.
As is the case with any human process, doctors and pharmacists can make mistakes when prescribing and dispensing medications. Unfortunately, these errors can have catastrophic consequences for the patient.
Some medication and prescription errors include:
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Over-prescribing a medication
- Under-prescribing a medication
- Failing to review the patient’s other medication regime
- Prescribing the wrong dosage
- Failing to inquire about potential allergies to a medication
- Failing to recognize side effects from a prescribed medication
- Dispensing the wrong medication
- Dispensing the wrong dosage of a medication
- Failure to warn of side effects of a medication
- Failure to warn of potential drug interactions
At Law Fifty One, we care about your well-being and ensuring that you or your loved one get the best representation possible during these difficult times. We will work closely with doctors, treatment providers, and therapists to ensure that you or your loved one receive the best treatment possible while looking after your claim.
Our mission is to ensure that you or your loved one can concentrate on recovering without having to deal with the daily stress of a medical malpractice claim. At Law Fifty One we are here to help you every step of the way.
Call Law Fifty One now at: 403-457-6727 today for a free consultation and for more information on how to get your medical negligence claim started. Alternatively you can send us a quick message with your query.