202, 1215 13 Street SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 3J4

Slips, Trips and Falls

Call Us Now: 403-457-6727

If you are on somebody else’s property and you slip, trip or fall, you may be entitled to compensation. For any personal injuries sustained as a result of the hazardous condition of the property or negligent conduct of the property owner or occupier.

Slip and Falls

In Alberta, slip and fall personal injuries are most commonly seen as a result of the changes in weather. Most slip and fall personal injuries are caused by snow, ice or debris on sidewalks, driveways and parking lots.

Slip and fall personal injuries can also be caused by wet, freshly mopped or polished floors in grocery stores, shopping centres, restaurants, other commercial establishments and personal residences.

Trips and Falls

Trip and fall personal injuries are often caused by:

  • Poor lighting
  • Failure to warn of hazards
  • Uneven sidewalks, stairways, driveways, and parking lots
  • Gaps in stairways
  • Changes in flooring
  • Presence of hazardous debris

Do I Have A Case?

Property owners or “Occupiers” have a duty to provide visitors and patrons with a safe and secure environment.

This means that Occupiers must ensure that the property is well lit, free from hazards and dangerous obstacles, and safe for visitors or patrons.

It also means that commercial buildings and residential homes must comply with modern building codes and adhere to all relevant safety regulations, even during the construction process.

If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident or trip and fall accident, it is important that you gather as much evidence as possible including the following:

  • Witness names and their contact information
  • Security camera footage
  • Pictures of the property or premises as close to the date of the accident as possible
  • Notes or pictures about any warning signs present on the date of the accident
  • Notes about any conversations had on the date of the accident
  • Weather conditions on the date of the accident

Once you have sought medical attention to get you on the road to recovery, you should contact a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer to get advice on how to protect your rights as a personal injury victim.

What we can do

At Law Fifty One, we care about your well-being and strive to provide you with the best representation possible during these difficult times. We will work closely with your doctors, treatment providers and therapists to ensure that you receive the treatment you need while looking after your claim.

Our mission is to ensure that you can concentrate on recovering without having to deal with the daily stress of a personal injury claim. At Law Fifty One we are here to help you every step of the way.

Call Law Fifty One now at: 403-457-6727 today for a free consultation and for more information on how to get your slip, trip of fall injury claim started. Alternatively you can send us a quick message with your query.